Sunday, August 10, 2008

7yrs

On August 11, 2001, was sitting on the side of the street, parked with my sister, watching the cars in Cheyenne race down the "strip". It was a Sunday night and normally we didn't come out on Sunday's but we were bored so we said what the heck. After sitting there for a couple of hours we saw the familiar american flags flying behind a lifted blue truck we had come to recognize because this truck was out on the strip quite frequently, but all we knew about the driver was he was very tall.
My sister, being the friendly goober she is, waved as the truck drove by. That was that, or so we thought. Next thing we know, the truck comes back around the corner and parks right where we were. Not sure what to do, cuz the driver wasn't getting out, we stood there for a second, then both made our way over to the truck. The windows rolled down and the guy inside flashed us a huge smile. "Hey" he said, "what are you girls doing out here?"
"Just watching the cars go by" we replied.
"I'm Ollie" he says.
"Hi, we are Shannon and Desi."

That was the day I met my one and only. Who would've guess, 7 yrs later, I'd be married to this guy, living in Colorado and have 2 wonderful children by him. Add my two other children and we make an awesome family. It's funny how things work out. Before I met him, I had been married, had a baby, divorced, had another baby and was soo ready to give up on men at this point.
I had come out of a bad relationship about 8 months before and was devestated by not having my guy best friend in my life anymore because he had gotten married and his wife did not care for me being in his life, so being the caring loyal guy he is, to make her happy and maintain a happy marriage, he chose to not continue our friendship. He was one of those, once in a lifetime friends who you never forget and although it kills me still to not have him a part of my life, to know he is happy is all I ask for.
So at this point, I was ready to hate men, but for some reason, God had other plans for my life and sent me this wonderful love. I like to think of it as meant to be because we weren't supposed to be out that night, and Ollie wasn't even going to drive that way, he was on his way to the club but decided to drive down the strip first. So we were both in the right place at times we shouldn't have been but were. Fate.
Life has a funny way of taking things important away from you, making you think there is no point in going on then replacing them with something soo much better, you wonder how you ever lived without it in the first place.
Just have faith, good things do and will come your way, no matter who you are.

No comments: